Re: PATCH: parser (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)

On Feb 23,  2:21pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: parser (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)
}
} - Lists and sublists that are executed completely in the shell (as
}   found out by the parser) are marked and the execution code then
}   avoids calling execpline() and execcmd() for them.

That ought to make some debugging chores easier ... I was worried that
this would break the xtrace redirections test, but redirecions must be
considered "not completely in the shell."

} Ok. Tell me what you think of these. I can always remove some of the
} optimisations if you think they are too weird.

Optimization is weird almost by definition.

} P.S.: If a day without a patch is like a day without sunshine, what
}       does this say about a patch with 6136 lines?

In the U.S. there's a saying, "A hundred and ten degrees in the shade."
(Farenheit, that is.  "43 degrees ..." doesn't have the same oomph.)

Of course, with an 8000+ -line patch right behind it ....