Re: PATCH: useheap (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)

On Feb 24,  9:56am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: useheap (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)
}
} only 24 MB and little swap space. I haven't really tried ElectricFence
} on it but I was rather scared by the manual talking about one or two
} pages per memory block...

Yes, it can get rather big.  Half the pages are virtual memory that is
never accessed (unless you have a buffer overrun); I don't recall if
Linux's memory model is one of those that doesn't actually allocate
virtual pages until you try to write to them ...