Re: PATCH: parser (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)

On Feb 24, 10:07am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: RE: PATCH: parser (was: Re: PATCH: Improved _mailboxes)
} Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
}
} > zcodeload file

Let's not do that, shall we?  Let's stick with autoload and have a file
suffix convention, like emacs' .el and .elc, or something.  Heck, there
could even be separate fpath and compiled_fpath or ...

} All this also makes me think about a way to allow multiple zsh's to
} share other memory bits (like the command table and so on). How
} portable is anonymous shared mmap or shared mmap on /dev/null?

Do we really want to go down the road of having e.g. zmodload in one
zsh suddenly make new builtins available to another zsh?  I don't want
the behavior of a script that's running in the background to change
because of something I loaded into my foreground shell ...