RE: Precompiled wordcode zsh functions

> Yep. In my implementation digest files are really only one-file-
> directories. I.e. they are searched like normal directories by
> getfpfunc() (more precisely a utility function used by it). It will
> not define all functions in the digest file immediatly. I really
> prefer that behaviour because a user has to worry about nothing when,
> for example, he wants to override one of the functions with his own
> definition in a directory earlier in $fpath.

Yep, after thinking about it a bit more I believe this is the "least
confusing" case. Unfortunately, here is where kshautoload cuts in :-) Does
your digest handle it currently? What happens with

autoload foo

contents of foo:

some prolog code
bar1() { }
bar2() { }
foo() { }

I'd expect, that bar1, bar2 and foo were (re-)defined as just reference to
already compiled code (actually, true for every funtction possibly defined
in zwc file).

/andrej