Re: zsh tips for "UNIX Power Tools"

[Can I post to zsh-workers if I'm only subscribed to zsh-users?  If not,
Oliver, could you re-post if needed?  And any of you -workers who reply
to the list and want me to see it: please remember to send me a cc:.]

Thanks, Oliver.  I'd be glad to see what I can do to spread the word about
zsh... and having it covered (though not in great detail) in UNIX Power
Tools should help!  As I said, it's still early to know exactly when the
book's next edition will come out... that's something O'Reilly decides.
I also can't guarantee what's going to happen to the book's contents yet
because the editor hasn't reviewed my outline for the third edition -- so
there's a chance (though small) that we couldn't get zsh into the book
or onto the CD.  But I should know about that later this month, I hope.
And I'll guess that O'Reilly and the CD makers should be able to work with
the zsh developers (through me, maybe) to coordinate getting the latest
stable zsh onto the CD.  I'll ask the editor about that (I'm bcc'ing him).

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> To me it would seem sensible to try to get a new stable release out in
> time for the book because any exposure to Zsh can only help in
> converting people to it and covering 3.1.x features would provide more
> scope for showing features which are really powerful and are unique to
> zsh.
>
> Anyway, it'd only be fair if we can come to some conclusion and get a
> clear answer to Jerry. 3.1.6 was far more stable as far as I could tell
> than many so called 'stable' releases of other software I know so would
> it be unwise if 3.1.7 went onto the book's CD-ROM?

And thanks, also, to the people who've sent tips.  What an amazing shell.

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, jpeek@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.jpeek.com/