Matching against file suffix

So far, the two major uses I had for globbing were:

1. patch < /.../zsh/patches/<1234->TAB

This is nice for manually applying patches; I save them with article number and simply get
the next by incrementing number and hitting TAB

2. foo .../zsh/Doc/*.texi

That is the case, when I do know file suffix and want to get just this one file.
Unfortunately, as was oft seen, this has problems with _path_files - and, Sven, you once
wrote, that you do not use globbing at all but use spiffy match controls instead.

Is it possible to match by file suffix with matching control? It is 'course possible by
moving cursor before suffix - but that I'd like to avoid. The idea is to hit TAB at the
end of input word and still get completion.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>