Re: move to sourceforge.net?

Adam Spiers wrote:

> I've just registered a new account at sourceforge.net and had a peek
> around.  It all looks very tasty, and seems to me to be the ideal
> place to relocate the CVS repository.  Since I'm totally out of sync
> with patches at the moment, but have a bit of free time for once, I'd
> like to help get this going quickly.  Are there any objections to this
> move, and if not, would I be helping or just getting in the way by
> registering zsh as a project on sourceforge?

I'd vote in favour of going ahead with this. Sourceforge probably has a
better chance of remaining around compared to any of our own machines we
might run a public CVS on. I had a look around their site earlier this
week and also concluded that it seems quite good. We could also look
into using their bug-tracking system.

Who is currently in charge of maintaining the web pages? They don't seem
to have been updated since last summer and the news page doesn't even
mention the 3.0.7 release. I'd be happy to take over doing the web pages
if everyone's happy with that and if they aren't being done by anyone
else.

Oliver Kiddle