Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:00:51 -0500 (EST)
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: adam@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: move to sourceforge.net?

Oliver Kiddle writes:
> Adam Spiers wrote:
>
> > I've just registered a new account at sourceforge.net and had a peek
> > around.  It all looks very tasty, and seems to me to be the ideal
> > place to relocate the CVS repository.  Since I'm totally out of sync
> > with patches at the moment, but have a bit of free time for once, I'd
> > like to help get this going quickly.  Are there any objections to this
> > move, and if not, would I be helping or just getting in the way by
> > registering zsh as a project on sourceforge?
>
> I'd vote in favour of going ahead with this. Sourceforge probably has a
> better chance of remaining around compared to any of our own machines we
> might run a public CVS on. I had a look around their site earlier this
> week and also concluded that it seems quite good. We could also look
> into using their bug-tracking system.
>
> Who is currently in charge of maintaining the web pages? They don't seem
> to have been updated since last summer and the news page doesn't even
> mention the 3.0.7 release. I'd be happy to take over doing the web pages
> if everyone's happy with that and if they aren't being done by anyone
> else.

I am currently one of the people that is supposedly in charge of the
web page. However, due to a few problems, one being way overextended,
I have failed to maintain a proper consistency on the pages. I also
cannot mail the list since sunsite.auc.dk refuses my domain because of ORBS.
Sigh... Please, feel free to update the pages. Here is what I have
been using to access the pages.

cvs -d :pserver:kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs login
cvs -d :pserver:kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs checkout zsh

You need to speak with Karsten Thygesen at <karthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> in
order to get a login and specify a password. He has been pretty
incommunicado lately.

Kevin Sullivan
kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAC Software Engineering, Inc.

Phone:      (978) 363-5294
Cell Phone: (508) 523-4295
Fax:        (617) 747-3597

Finger kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for my PGP public key.
Use cell phone during normal business hours.

----- End forwarded message -----