Re: PATCH: Re: PATCH: Re: zsh tests (dev-15)

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>I've kept the backslash at the end of every line, but are those really
>necessary?

Yes.

>            I thought m4 would do the right thing with macro arguments
>that span multiple lines.

It does.  m4 treats the backslashes as normal characters; it's a macro
argument that contains several newlines.  That particular argument
ultimately ends up in the configure script, with newlines intact, in a
context where a single line is required by the shell syntax (have a look).
The backslashes are there to make /bin/sh happy about the newlines.

-zefram