Re: move to sourceforge.net in progress

On Mar 28,  1:28am, Adam Spiers wrote:
> Subject: move to sourceforge.net in progress
>
> > Clint's right that the licence details in the source code needing
> > tidying up.
>
> Yep, we definitely need to move all the individual copyrights into
> LICENSE or Etc/LICENSE or something.

No, we don't "move" any of the individual copyrights.  We just need to
create a central file with the license terms.  The individual copyrights
are there (as I understand it) because there has to be a real legal
entity holding the copyright on any given "document"; those don't go
away just because the licensing terms get documented in an additional
place.

There isn't, at present, a single entity to which the entire source is
assigned.  PF assigned it all to RC when he took over as maintainer way
back, which is why so many of the files have RC's name in them; but
after RC stepped down it was left up to individual contributors to put
their own names in the copyrights of files they added.

We may have to *mention* the names that appear in all the individual
copyrights in any central LICENSE file we add, though.

Also, we should either put copyright notices in, or explicitly disclaim
copyright on, all the pieces of the completion system ...