Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:> Do we want to keep the mailing lists and web pages hosted at
:> sunsite.auc.dk?
:I can't see a good reason for shifting them for now.  It would be quite
:good to have incoming mail forwarded from Sourceforge, which would mean
:people who don't subscribe, but are using Sourceforge, can send messages
:without worrying whether they're in Denmark or California.

The problem here would be with using/keeping mail message numbers.  Karsten
has set up sunsite.auc.dk to keep the same number system we had with
Richard Coleman (math.gatech.edu):  i.e. individual numbering in each list,
and messages to one list don't get message numbers in sublists.  Most
mail software can't do this.  Of course if we don't want to reference
message numbers any more...

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/