Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

Chmouel Boudjnah writes:
> Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > >
> > > I mostly mean the web pages, though, because they could certainly be
> > > made nicer (although that wouldn't require moving them to sourceforge,
> > > of course); didn't someone lately offer to...
> >
> > Yes, I recently offered to help with the web pages though what I had in
> > mind was primarily ensuring that it remained up-to-date and leaving the
> > current lynx friendly layout mostly as it is - I wasn't going to tart it
> > up with lots or pretty graphics if that's what you mean by 'made nicer'.
> >
> > Karsten created me an account but I can't get it to work. I can login to
> > it if I use a username of 'opk' (instead of the 'pbk' which was the
> > username Karsten quoted in his e-mail) but I can't do a 'co zsh' command
> > - I get:
> > Fatal error, aborting.
> > opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: no such user
> >
> > Does anyone who understands cvs have any idea as to what the cause of
> > this is. My guess is that either:
> > 1. my company 's firewall is getting in the way. Which ports does CVS
> > use?
> > 2. my CVS installation is wrong. It was done direct from a debian .deb
> > package by a friend who has a Linux box on the company's main network.
> > The RS/6000s I generally use for work are on a secure network so I can't
> > try from them.
> > 3. Karsten made a mistake while creating the account. Fairly possible
> > seeing as he muddled my initials around and may have been in a rush - he
> > said he was very busy.
> >
> > Karsten: if you get a chance, can you check the account setup.
> >
> > I'm going to get a modem soon so will have internet access at home again
> > so hopefully that will solve a few problems. I can't actually access
> > sourceforge from the company network due to the firewall though I do
> > have an account (opk).

When I was doing this I used these commands to access the CVS
archive..
cvs -d :pserver:kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs login
cvs -d :pserver:kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs checkout zsh

Now you should replace kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This worked fine for me just now...

Kevin Sullivan
kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAC Software Engineering, Inc.

Phone:      (978) 363-5294
Cell Phone: (508) 523-4295
Fax:        (617) 747-3597

Finger kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for my PGP public key.
Use cell phone during normal business hours.