Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

On Mar 30, 10:03am, Dan Nelson wrote:
} Subject: Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)
}
} In the last episode (Mar 30), Zefram said:
} > AFAICS, the only way to have cookie handling disabled by default[2] is to
} > have cookie handling *completely* disabled.  So I normally have cookies
} > completely disabled, and I have to modify my configuration temporarily
} > to use SourceForge.
}
} Edit your .lynxrc

SourceForge also causes problems for Internet Explorer because all the
cookies are for the "valinux.com" domain even though "sourceforge.net"
is the issuing server.  IE won't accept those cookies except on "low"
security setting.  One needs to choose Tools->Internet Options, select
the Security tab, click the Trusted Sites icon, then click the Sites...
button and add https://www.sourceforge.net ...

(I've got Win98 running under vmware on my linux box now.  Pretty cool.)