sourceforge.net CVS tree ready for use

In article <000201bf9c8b$a6655830$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
> I successfully checked out and compiled Zsh from CVS. Congratulations!
>
> Offtopic: anybody knows, how to find out, what branch was checked out?
> And the date? I mean, now, when reporting problems, we need some way to
> refer to "CVS branch xxx checked out/updated at yyy"

status -v <filename> will tell you if there is a sticky tag -
including sticky branch tag - or sticky date for a particular file.
It's pretty much up to you not to do anything foolish like check out
different files from different branches.

For the "checked out/updated at yyy" problem, I think the best
solution is for most people to use labeled versions, which shouldn't
be too onerous as long as folks are smart about creating new (and
cleaning up old and useless) labels.

--
David M. Meyer
dmeyer0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx