Re: zrecompile

On Apr 3, 10:39am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: zrecompile
}
} And another thing: the zwc files till use $ZSH_VERSION in the header
} to test for compatibility -- somehow I didn't like to add an additional
} version number scheme for them, but it would be better, I think (the
} format will certainly change less often than $ZSH_VERSION).

Yea, but it'll be much less recognizable in the -t output.  I think the
$ZSH_VERSION test is fine.

On the other hand, that should be put in some immutable part of the file
header so that *any* version of zsh can be guaranteed to be able to read
it back -- to rephrase, we set the requirement NOW that changes to the
format of the header must only come *after* the version string (or some
equivalent requirement), so that it's always possible to display the
version mismatch (or at least know that was the reason for the error).