Re: PATCH: AIX dep.&doc fix; development guidelines

On Apr 5,  8:21pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Subject: Re: PATCH: AIX dep.&doc fix; development guidelines
> "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> > Peter wants each developer to create his own.  This causes some oddities
> > e.g. when Sven and I were both patching today -- article number refs get
> > out of order, and I had to restart my commit because Sven sneaked one in
> > between my "cvs update" and finishing writing the log message.
>
> I'm happy to consider other ways, but this way we get the changes properly
> documented up to date.  If anyone has a script to generate them in
> something like the current format, with applier, patch number, files
> changed, and brief description, from CVS data when it is committed that
> would be splendid.

I've installed cvs2cl in /home/groups/zsh/bin on zsh.sourceforge.net.

Here's some sample output, just the top few entries.  If we actually include
the article numbers in our commit logs (as pws did in the first one), then
the only other thing is to replace sourceforge user identities with useful
email addresses in the tag lines.  (And edit out all of "akr"s one-liners
from before the sourceforge site was up.)

Note that I recommend that you don't allow cvs2cl to rewrite ChangeLog on
its own; rather, use "cvs2cl --stdout", lop off the bottom bit that is
already reflected in ChangeLog, and then paste the top bit into ChangeLog.

BTW, Peter, it'd be nice if commitlogs say what actually happened to the
source rather than just pointing at zsh-workers articles.  Yes, the rest of
the information is in the ChangeLog, but it's still be nice.

        * .distfiles, ChangeLog, Completion/User/_prcs, Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo,
        Doc/Zsh/expn.yo, Src/glob.c, Src/utils.c, Util/mkdisttree.sh:
        Patches 10513, 10516 (Alexandre), 10519 (Oliver), 10524

        * ChangeLog, Completion/Base/_arguments, Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo:
        support automatically inserted dummy in $words

        * ChangeLog, Completion/Debian/_apt, Completion/Debian/_bug,
        Completion/Debian/_dpkg, Completion/User/_chown,
        Completion/User/_dvi, Completion/User/_imagemagick,
        Completion/User/_ispell, Completion/User/_lp,
        Completion/User/_mount, Completion/User/_mysql_utils,
        Completion/User/_pbm, Completion/User/_psutils,
        Completion/User/_rcs, Completion/User/_rlogin,
        Completion/User/_ssh, Completion/User/_tiff, Completion/User/_yp,
        Completion/X/_xutils: use basename of commands instead of $words[1]

        * ChangeLog, Completion/Builtins/_zstyle,
        Completion/Core/_path_files, Doc/Zsh/compsys.yo,
        Functions/Zle/incremental-complete-word: renaming some styles

        * ChangeLog, Completion/Core/_files,
        Completion/Core/_main_complete: two small completion fixes

        * ChangeLog, Src/parse.c: make zwc files use the magic number as
        their verios, report zsh-version in error messages

        * ChangeLog, Makefile.in: Make config.h and related dependencies
        relative to $(sdir).