_complete_help troubles

Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Are you sure you're getting the most recent _perl_modules?  _wanted is
> called at the end and now takes a command to execute as an argument, so
> it looks to me as though you've got an updated _wanted but an older
> _perl_modules.

*sigh* Thanks, you're quite right.  My CVS working copy was perfectly
up to date, but I'd forgotten to remove some old _perl_modules from
elsewhere in my $fpath from when I was hacking on them.

> > Also, _complete_help hasn't worked for me for a while now, e.g.
> >
> > $ ls <TAB>
> > _complete_help:39: bad pattern: \n    all-files  (_files _default)
>
> I've no idea what would be happening there, but if _perl_modules is out
> of date then so may other things be ...

I'm pretty damn sure that everything's up to date now.  No .zwc files
around, no old functions elsewhere in $fpath ...

The relevant bit of trouble-making code is:

  for i in "${(@ok)help_funcs}"; do
    text="${text}
tags in context :completion:${i}:"
    tmp=()
    for j in "${(@s.:.)help_funcs[$i][2,-1]}"; do
      tmp=( "$tmp[@]" "${(@s.,.)help_tags[${i}${j}][2,-1]}" )
    done
    zformat -a tmp '  (' "$tmp[@]"
    tmp=( '
    '${^tmp}')' )             <<<<<< this line gives the error
    text="${text}${tmp}"
  done

tmp has the value `all-files  (_files _default' when the error occurs,
which doesn't look right.  Beyond that I'm lost, as I don't know what
_complete_help's output is supposed to be.  Sven?  Anybody?  Bueller?