RE: Should we backup this change? RE: Modifier substitutions.

> The change went in in 6002.  It was followed in 6003 by a
> change to allow
> a leading double backslash to escape the delimiter.  So all
> you need to
> do is change uses of ${foo/$bar/...} into ${foo/\\$bar/...}
> to avoid the
> confusion.  And without 6002, there's no way to build up an anchored
> pattern in a variable (which was Andrej's original complaint).

The problem is (as I discovered later) it is not complete. There is no
way to anchor pattern to match full string. And my original problem is
better solved with back-references anyway (that were not available at
the time of my question).

-andrej