Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

I forgot about this...

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> } I would appreciate any opinions on whether fixing
> } `export' to work locally in functions is a good idea.  We can now do export
> } -g to refer to the global variable --- but it's been the way it is for so
> } long that maybe a change would cause trouble.  It's not suitable to have an
> } option for this.
>
> I think it should work like ksh in sh/ksh emulation modes, but otherwise I
> think the current behavior is OK.  That isn't exactly the same as having an
> option; do you believe that also to be unsuitable?

Well, up to now every change in emulation has been mirrored in some
option.  It's not strictly necessary, but it does make things a lot
neater.  Sooner or later someone's going to want the feature and find they
can only do it by setting two gross of options.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx