Re: optioninfo.so

In article <000601bfa516$701681d0$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  "Andrej Borsenkow" <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Yes, it is not very portable. Do you suggest to use it outside of Zsh?
> Or in Zsh completion? If it can be made Zsh module - why not. But
> please, no PRELOAD fiddling.

Zsh completion system should work without LD_PRELOAD.  But is there a
reason that the system automatically detect LD_PRELOAD and use it only
when it is working?  Of couse, if there is no way to detect that, it
should be disabled by default.

Writing a completion function which supports various versions of a
command is very difficult.  (See _patch, _telnet, _finger, _make,
etc.)  So I think it is useful even if it is not work on every
environment.

Also, it may be useful for writing template of completion functions if
a completion function writer can use LD_PRELOAD. :-)
--
Tanaka Akira