Re: 3.1.7-pre-1 for the workers

On Apr 26,  7:43pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Subject: Re: 3.1.7-pre-1 for the workers
> "Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> > 4.0.1 ?  Are we going to skip 4.0.0 this time?  Why?
>
> Everyone knows versions ending in `0' don't work.

Chuckle.

> But it's only really
> because I'm one of the few people left who believes first things have a `1'
> at the end.

But this isn't the first thing, it's the fourth thing.  What "things" are
you counting?  I.e., it's the first <what?> after major-version four?

I'm completely with you on this new habit of "not really releasing" software
by announcing it with a version number of zero-point-something, but having
got to one-point-something I think it's perfectly reasonable to have that
something be zero.

> I have no strong views.

Neither do I, really; I was merely surprised.