Re: Proposed _history completer

On Apr 27, 12:44pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Proposed _history completer
}
} Maybe we could make $historywords an assoc with the words as keys and
} the values giving information about that word. Something like the
} history number where it comes from plus information about the context
} (command-context, of some kind).

That can't work, can it?  What if the same word appears in different
places in the history, or even different places in the same command?
The keys would have to be made unique somehow, or else you have to
have a complicated format for compounding the value.

I think having a way to chop a string into shell words -- something like
what you did for copy-prev-shell-word -- would be more effective.