RE: Command completion

> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
> > bor@itsrm2% nslo<TAB>
> > Completing external command
> > nslookup
> > Completing shell function
> > nslookup
> >
> > This obviously makes no sense. We _may_ make completion so
> smart, as to
> > insert full pathname (or command) for external commands -
> but currently
> > nslookup will always execute functions, won't it? So, the
> above has one
> > unambiguous match?
>
> Hmhm. I'd still like to see that information for really unambiguous
> matches, but in cases like this one we should just go ahead
> and accept
> the single possible string.
>
> No patch yet...

Just to make sure we mean the same thing. It *does* insert nslookup. The
example above was slightly incorrect; the actual screenshot after TAB is
(with cursor immediately after nslookup)

bor@itsrm2% nslookup<CURSOR HERE>
Completing external command
nslookup
Completing shell function
nslookup

So, in this case I believe, that

- no list is to be displayed (we have just a single match)
- exact match should be immediately accepted and space inserted

If you like to see list in this case ... another style?

-andrej