Re: PATCH: _look

Tanaka Akira wrote:

> This is a completion function for `look'.  It calls `look' itself to
> find completions.
>
> Apart from that, I found that some functions using a state of
> _arguments such as _gzip declare `curcontext' instead of `context'
> which is specified by zshcompsys(1).  Is `curcontext' obsolete?

No. Functions should either

- Call _arguments as in _gzip, make `context' local and in the
  state-handling make sure that $context is used in the argument field
  of the context name. This is what functions like _tags do when given
  the -C option, so:

    local context state line
    typeset -A opt_args

    _arguments '...:->foo' && return 0

    if [[ "$state" = foo ]]; then
      _tags -C "$context"
    fi

  (That `&& return 0' is missing in _gzip, too.)
  Actually, $state and $context nowadays are arrays, because
  _arguments may return more than one state, but that's only possible
  if the specs make it possible that more than one argument may be
  completed in some place.

- Call _arguments with the -C option and then make `curcontext' local,
  initialising it to itself, as is done in _gzip. In that case
  _arguments will modify $curcontext without making it local to itself
  so that the state-handling code doesn't need to care about setting
  up the context. Of course, this only works if only one state can be
  returned by _arguments. This was the case for all completion
  functions when I added the multi-state handling to _arguments.

In other words, there is a `-C' missing in _gzip (and probably in
other functions?).

Bye
 Sven