Re: PATCH: Re: sudo completion problem

In article <200005080900.LAA13146@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But before I start writing it: should the default for _arguments be
> changed? And would someone be willing to check all uses of _arguments
> and add the option to the calls that need them? Oh, and does anyone
> have an idea how to test for GNU-getopts. Reliably?

0. If a completion function knows the precious command behavior, use
   the knowledge.

1. If `-s' is not specified, it's not getopt.

2. If the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, assume
   traditional getopt.

3. If on GNU system such as Linux, assume GNU getopt.

4. If it is not cases above, assume traditional getopt.

I think this guess is not so bad.
--
Tanaka Akira