Styles that aren't :completion:* ...

I notice that the nslookup function uses a context of ':nslookup', whereas
assorted zftp components use ":zftp$curcontext".

Yet incremental-complete-word uses ":completion:incremental${curcontext#*:}"
and similarly insert-and-predict uses ":completion:predict${curcontext#*:}".
So these functions actually strip off part of the context and replace it.

What's the idiom supposed to be, again?

Here's the specific reason that I ask:  I'm thinking of adding some more
styles to predict-on/off and to the functions they bind to keystrokes.  For
example, there's a comment in delete-backward-and-predict to the effect
that some people might prefer that it call predict-off.  That seems like
an ideal thing to control with a style, but it feels funny to use a style
that starts with ":completion:" because no completion is happening during
delete-backward-and-predict.

Similarly I was thinking of adding a "verbose" style to predict-on, to have
it call "zle -M" when prediction goes into effect.  That's called directly
from a keystroke.  What's the context?