"Concept index" in printed doc has gone berzerk

When I run "cd Doc; make us_ps" I get a manual 675 pages long.  The reason
is that every line of the Concept Index (including the title) has been put
onto its own page.  It looks like this happens because the index-generation
in my version of texi2dvi is just plain stupid; if there's only room for
N lines of index on the bottom of a page, then every page thereafter has
only the next N lines of that index on it as well.

This happened fairly recently; if no one else knows what's up,  and if it
doesn't work to simply force each index to start on its own new page, I'll
try backtracking through older versions to see if I can find out when.