Re: PATCH (!): Re: PATCH: (very) bad syntax error checking

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> } % zsh -f ./test.zsh
> } ./test.zsh:3: parse error near `fi'
> } This line should not be executed.
>
> This was supposedly fixed, by PWS, in zsh-workers/4191, before the 3.1.5
> release; though Zefram changed it slightly, according to the ChangeLog.
> What follows appears to fix it, but Sven should confirm.

(I don't know why I originally put patch in the subject line.  Force of
habit, I suppose.)

Seems the whole thing was older than I remembered, so maybe I shouldn't
have worried so much, but it still strikes me as rather poor form.
I tried this on bash (2.03.19(1)-release)...

ztst.zsh: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
ztst.zsh: line 3: `fi'

so it obviously takes this very seriously :-)

I'll wait to see if Sven has any remarks and if not make the release on
Monday or Tuesday (with the new header problem to worry about).  It will no
doubt become known as the `Late Spring Bank Holiday Edition'.  Not.

A propos of the release... there may be a delay with releasing it on
Sourceforge, since I haven't yet studied how to do that, but that doesn't
seem particularly serious since we have a good network of mirrors already.
However, I'm keen for releases to be posted everywhere relevant, which
these days means free software web sites rather more than Usenet, for example
Freshmeat.  If anyone knows any such places, they should feel free to go
ahead and post information (after the release, obviously), or I'm willing
to collect information and keep it for future maintainers.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx