Re: compinstall and default widget

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> By default TAB is bound to expand-or-complete. But with current
> matching/expansion completers the most sensible default is simple
> complete-word.
>
> Should not default be changed?

I don't think so. For people who don't use the new completion system
or who haven't discovered _expand or who don't want to use it, that
would be a very bad surprise.

> In any case, I think, it is nice if compinstall would support widget
> selection here. It could also remind, that if you select _match or
> _expand completers, you better change your default completion widget.

Yes, maybe. That's, finally, a piece of code I don't feel responsible
for (and so far I've successfully avoided getting entangled in it ;-).

Bye
 Sven