Re: zsh-cvs strange install

On 30 May, Peter Stephenson wrote:
>> The build works fine, but
>> install installs it as
>> zsh@EXEEXT@
>
> Looks like your configure, or maybe just your config.status, aren't up to
> date.  configure should contain this line:
>
> s%@EXEEXT@%$EXEEXT%g
>
> and config.status should contain this line everywhere except where an
> executable extension is actually required:
>
> s%@EXEEXT@%%g
>
> as input to sed.  If they are, try re-running config.status.

Yes, that might be zsh-3.1.7 seems to be completely broken
on my IRIX6.5

I have got the fresh zsh-3.1.7.tar.gz by ftp and
have built it as usual.
It now installs fine BUT
a) when invoked from a running shell
   it prints out strange things and doing just a
   cd something
   kills it
   on the system console I get
   waitmap: error starting program
ALERT: Process [zsh] 1490059 generated trap, but has signal 11 held or ignored
        epc 0xfa38278 ra 0x10075df0 badvaddr 0x0
Process has been killed to prevent infinite loop
[ESP System Information Notification]:"ALERT: Process [zsh] 1490059 generated trap, but has signal 11 held or ignored"

b) invoking a new xterm it dies immediately.

Sorry for the bad news,
Helmut.

I'll try generate a debug version to locate the problem a bit.

--
Helmut Jarausch
Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik