Re: zsh-3.1.7 broken on IRIX

Helmut wrote:
> I have now regenerated zsh-3.1.7 from the tarball
> with CFLAGS=-g
>
> Now it doesn't segfault BUT
> at startup I get
>
> /usr/PRIVATE/etc/zshenv:1: not an identifier:
> /usr/people/jarausch/.zshenv:10: not an identifier:
> /usr/people/jarausch/.zshrc:1: not an identifier:
>
> I have attached these files
>
> then
>
> ls -xF gives
> hangeLog       ChangeLog.3.0   Completion/     Config/         Doc/
> Etc/            Functions/      INSTALL         LICENCE         META-FAQ
> Makefile        Makefile.bck    Makefile.in     Misc/           README
> Src/            StartupFiles/   Test/           Util/           acconfig.h
> aclocal.m4      aczsh.m4        config.cache    config.guess*   config.h
> config.h.bck    config.h.in     config.log      config.status*  config.sub*
> configure*      configure.in    install-sh*     mkinstalldirs*  so_locations
> stamp-h         stamp-h.in
>
> Note the subdirectory Test/
>
> Then
> numa1% cd Test
> cd: string not in pwd: Test
>
> So, it's very strange here.

Looks like it's related to bad NULL-termination of strings somehow.  Does
this suggest anything to anybody?  We used to have lots of problems with
signed to unsigned character conversions, too, but usually only with
eight-bit characters.

Do you get similar behaviour with both gcc and the native compiler?
Is anyone else using Irix?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,