Re: BUG: vared in script (was: vared in function)

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 10:55:21PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Bernd Eggink wrote:
> > Argh...
> >
> >    # t
> >    vared -cp "Aha: " BLAH
> >
> >    % t
> >    t:vared:2: ZLE not enabled
> >
> > This breaks lots of my scripts!
> > On the command line, 'vared' works.
>
> (I take it that should be `script' rather than `function' in the subject
> line, functions are OK.)

Yes, of course. It has been rather late in the evening...

> I don't think there's any good reason why zle shouldn't be enabled
> especially, if it can find a terminal which it can, but until whoever made
> the change takes a look you can workaround it by giving zsh the -i option
> to run the script interactively.  That might have other side effects,
> though.

It has.

    # t
    vared -cp "Aha: " BLAH
    print $BLAH

    % zsh -i t

    Aha: hm
    hm
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.
    t:zsh:3: use 'exit' to exit.

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
Regionales Rechenzentrum der Uni Hamburg