Re: Output of 'make check'

> I do not particular like it. It outputs thousands of "No differences
> encountered", that will scroll away any useful output. So, if any test
> in between fails, there is no chance to see it unfortunately (there
> seems to be no log by default). I just noticed, that one more test
> failed - and it was only by accident.

That's coming from your version of diff, not the test harness.  If you can
find a portable way of suppressing it without removing the useful output, I
will add it --- it may simply be a case of 2>/dev/null.

I'm getting the _arguments test failure you report, too, but _arguments is
not something I'd like to see changed at this stage, since a lot of the
completion system depends on quite small details of how it works.  We can
leave the test out for the time being.

We could create a separate set of tests known to fail, not run by default
but designed to embarrass the developers.  I'm not sure how much I like the
sound of that.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,