Re: Getting dynamic loading to work on cygwin

> The
> changes to what we have already should be fairly mechanical but will still
> require a bit of work.

Hmm, looks like I spoke too soon.  I don't see a way of exporting symbols
from the main executables which DLL's will recognize.  However, the old
system V trick of making the main body of the code a DLL and zsh.exe a
boot-loader ought to work, and isn't that difficult (again, the hard part
is really just fiddling the scripts etc.).

Another thing I missed before was that the lib*.a libraries created
with the .dll files are only needed at link time, and then only when
importing stuff from a dependency (such as zsh.dll if we do the trick
above); we only need to install the .dll files themselves.

Maybe someone knows better.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,