Re: Use and abuse of dynamic loading RE: Getting dynamic loading to work on cygwin

> Consider Perl or Tcl where you compile and install modules
> independently of main program. But this is exactly what Zsh lacks (just
> think about autoloading - all information is compiled into main
> executable, so if I want another module be autoloaded I need to
> recompile zsh).

I don't know what you mean by this.  In perl, you use `use Module' to
include a module, which may have compiled data, and may have autoload
capability.  In zsh, you use `zmodload -ab foo' and its friends to specify
that foo is loadable from a module; you don't need to recompile to do that.
What's the difference?  Do you mean that zsh doesn't come with a separate
kit to allow you to compile new modules without the original compilation
environment?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,