the end

As you will have seen, I have uploaded 3.1.9 and announced it.  If there is
still anything wrong:  I don't want to know!!!  Try fixing it yourself.

I have announced it on zsh-announce, comp.unix.shell (where it will be lost
amongst all the `do I use ksh or bash?' discussions), freshmeat, and
sourceforge (where the news item is smaller than I intended because they
only give you a minuscule little box to stick news in).  I have announced
3.0.8 everywhere except freshmeat, because that would have taken an extra
submission and I've used my last ounce of willpower.  If you can think of
anywhere else to post, please go ahead.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.  It is often small contributors who
make a lot of difference by chipping in the essential bits others have
forgotten, so please continue to help out if you have time.

I'm hoping there won't be many functional changes before 4.0.  However,
there is potentially still quite a lot of tidying, including.

- Parameter code
- Standalone compilation environment for add-on modules
- Cygwin dynamical loading
- Finish and tidy up test suite

and everything else I've forgotten.

--