Re: PATCH: Re: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)

On Jun 6,  2:58pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: Re: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)
}
} > > bindkey '\t' complete-word
} > > autoload -U compinit
} > > compinit
} > > zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete
} > > zstyle ':completion:*:expand:::' glob 1
} > > zstyle ':completion:*:expand:::' substitute 1
}
} And to get nearer to the expand-or-complete behaviour, you should also
} use:
}
}   zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order all-expansions
}
} That will make it insert only all the expansions in the line, not
} allowing you to menu between the original string, the expansions
} one-by-one and all expansions at once.

Eh?  I just tried (again) my sequence in `zsh-3.1.9 -f' and I don't get
offered a menu.  I just get the expansion inserted.  I get exactly the
same behavior with your tag-order style as without.

And if your tag-order were going to matter, shouldn't it need to be:

    zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order - all-expansions

because
          If any string in the value consists of only a hyphen, then
          *only* the tags specified by the other strings in the value
          are generated.  Normally all tags not explicitly selected are
          tried last if the specified tags fail to generate any
          matches.  This means that a value consisting only of a single
          hyphen turns off completion.

} The _expand completer offers you the expansion of $ZSH_V (an empty
} string) and the original and enters menu-completion so that you can
} toggle between the two (with the `expansion' being inserted in the
} line immediately).
}
} Hm, maybe we shouldn't use `empty' expansions.

That would be consistent with previous version's behavior and with the
behavior of expand-or-complete.