RE: Cygwin path completion

> > This is far too specific to be hard-wired into _path_files,
> but maybe
> > there's some way of specifying transformations.  I still
> don't understand
> > how that helps you since I don't see when you want cygdrive
> to be the first
> > component.  It seems to me you should be using a named directory or
> > something, e.g.
> >
> > c=/cygdrive
> > : ~c
> > echo ~c/d/...
> >
> > You can hardly get fewer characters than that.
>
> Right.

The point is not how many characters I type (but wiht Zsh I tend to use
less :-) The point is: I expect zsh to complete /c/d/t to a valid path
(all possibly valid paths) that match this string. And /cygdrive/d/temp
is valid path in my case. It is the same, as if Zsh simply always
skipped one directory.

Small explanation to Sven:

To access other drives under Cygwin I need either to

- mount each drive explicitly somewhere under root
or
- simply use /cygdrive that gives you "single filesystem tree" image

For this reason I really wish Zsh could assist here.

-andrej