About word splitting in read

The last patch reminded me ...

Currently we can

- either read in the whole line (with length unknown in advance) theat
is IFS-splitted
- or read in fixed number of raw characters

Several times I wished, we could read in the whole line but in *raw*
mode, that is, without any word splitting. It is somewhat hard to
implement this, as we end up with too long/incomplete line so we need
some sort of buffered IO on top of read etc

How hard would be to add this to read? With semantic "read in the whole
line and assign it to scalar unchanged".

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>