Compiled-in modules in static shell

Is there any reason, why not all modules are compiled in for static
shell (assuming, they can be compiled as found by configure)? I ask,
because on Cygwin in default installation some pretty useful odules are
missing (e.g. zpty - thus making some tests impossible). It means, that
static and dynamic version are not the same.

configure for a long time has --enable-omit-modules parameter that can
be used to turn off selected modules. What about compiling all modules
by default - if anybody does not want it he can always turn off selected
modules.

BTW I prefer --disable-modules form. It looks much better. And,
probably, we could generalize it to

--enable-modules=all
--enable-modules=mod1,mod2,...
--disable-modules=mod1,mod2,...

eliminating need to edit some files in distribution.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>