Re: Failing make check

On Jul 3,  1:33pm, Vin Shelton wrote:
} Subject: Failing make check
}
} I build my zsh in a separate directory from the sources [...]

So do I.

} For a few days now, make check has been failing in this configuration
} as follows:
}
} comptestinit:5: failed to load module: zsh/zpty
} comptestinit:18: command not found: zpty
} comptestinit:20: command not found: zpty
} Test /usr/local/src/zsh-2000-07-03/Test/53completion.ztst failed: non-zero status from preparation code:
}   comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh

This is working fine for me.

The first question is, are you sure you're building a dynamically-linked
shell?  The zpty module is not included by default in static builds.

At the very beginning of the test process, you should have seen something
like:

if test -n "gcc"; then \
  cd .. && \
  make MODDIR=`pwd`/Test/Modules install.modules > /dev/null; \
fi
mkdir /usr/local/build/zsh-2000-07-03/Test/Modules
mkdir /usr/local/build/zsh-2000-07-03/Test/Modules/zsh

This is copying the modules into a local directory at which module_path
is later pointed, to be sure the right modules are loaded.  If you don't
see that install step, you have a statically-linked shell.  If that step
is failing, perhaps because there's a stray Test/Modules directory with
the wrong permissions, then the tests could fail in unpredictable ways.

If that doesn't seem related to the problem, you could try

	ZTST_verbose=2 make TESTNUM=53 check

to see if that reveals anything; but I suspect you're going to have to put
a `set -x' into the prep section of Test/53completion.ztst to get the real
scoop.