Re: PATCH: compdump (Re: Test hanger disappeared, but ...)

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> We seem to be running into a lot of things that cause zsh to abort all
> the way back to top level.  Do other shells give up so thoroughly in
> these situations?

That's interesting... For example, with

  while true; do echo > unwritable; sleep 1; done

zsh stops after the first attempt. bash and ksh don't stop and the
/bin/sh here stops after the first attempt, too.

With

  while true; do echo $(for); sleep 1; done

zsh stops (and prints two error messages!), bash does not stop, but
ksh and /bin/sh do.

Bye
 Sven