Re: Problem compiling 3.1.9 under HP-UX 10.20

HPUX 10.20:
----------

I bumped into this earlier - under HPUX 10.20 and I 'fixed' the problem
by adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED. This is not defined it seems
using -Ae compiler flag (which does define _XOPEN_SOURCE)

The reason, quite obviously, is this code frag in /usr/include/netdb.h:

/*
 * Error return codes from gethostbyname() and gethostbyaddr()
 * (left in extern int h_errno).
 */

#ifdef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
extern int h_errno;
#endif

HPUX 11.00
 A brief glance suggests it may be different - but I haven't had a chance
 yet to look into it properly. I will report back when I do.

--
  Gene Cohler
  Bear Stearns & Co.