Re: _killall on linux

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> } At least I thought it would be easier...
>
> It's only easier that way if you know about the rule in advance (and if it
> is applied consistently, which it may very well be, I haven't looked).  Is
> it mentioned as a general principle anywhere in the docs?

Well, the docs mention the processes and processes-list tags for the
command style (as examples).

The processes-names is listed together with processes and
processes-list in the tag list, of course, and processes seems to be
the only case where we needed to call _call more than once for a given
tag.

> } > [*] Rather than $( [[ "$UID" = 0 ]] && print -n xa ) I'd suggest the less
> } > resource-intensive ${=EUID//(#s)0(#e)/ps xa}.
> }
> } I wouldn't be agains that patch. But I think it raises the question if
> } we should add other default for some systems, such as -u$USER.
>
> As it turns out, the _call to ps is already in a linux-specific section
> of _killall, so the syntax for other variants of ps is irrelevant.

Ah. Sorry. I was looking at _pids.

Well, then...

Bye
 Sven