cvs completion messy on dangling slink

When I ask for completions on a `cvs commit' command I get:

 cvs commit _cvs_modified_entries:stat:8: .#colorcube: no such file or directory
_cvs_modified_entries:stat:8: .#fuji-2.patch: no such file or directory

Problem is the named .# files are symlinks to nowhere

    .#colorcube -> peta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:960560451
    .#fuji-2.patch -> peta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1

and I have to confess I dont know how they got there as the repository is
local, not remote.  All I can think is that I scp'd them across from my remote
repository.

Anyway, assuming cvs is responsible for these slinks, then it would be nice to
have them handled gracefully.

This is RH6.2, zsh-3.1.9-dev-3, from todays cvs.
--
peta