RE: Still locale problems on Cygwin

> I have English Win2k with Russian locale set, and russian
> characters are
> shown as ? in ls output. While this is definitely Cygwin problem, Zsh
> (often) completely hangs when completing such name ... sorry, it just
> takes hours (well, a bit less :-) to give listing. It is so
> slow, that I
> really had impression it was hung.

While figuring out environ problem, I got a look at locale
implementation in Cygwin. There is no :-) setlocale() is just a stub
function that accepts "C" as locale name and nothing more. It does
nothing :-))) And locale table contains only ASCII support. So, I
wonder, how can it work correclty even for ISO-8859-1 charset.

-andrej