Re: Bug or feature?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Jul 28,  1:40pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } > > ii  zsh            3.1.6.pws21-1  A shell with lots of features.
> } >
> } > That's pretty old. Could you install at least 3.1.9? In any case, I
> } > presume it was a bug, since it works in current version.
> }
> } I don't know if it's that simple, but I don't know if it isn't either.
> } We've got an old 3.1.6-dev-19 here and it works there, too.  But there was
> } no such version as 3.1.6.pws21 since I'd switched to using dev by then.

> We could find out for sure if Juhapekka would run `echo $ZSH_VERSION'.  The
> Debian package number is only of interest in figuring out if they made a
> change that broke something.

juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
% echo $ZSH_VERSION                                                7717 | pts/5
3.1.6-dev-21
juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
% zsh --version                                                    7718 | pts/5
juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
%                                                                  7713 | pts/5

Whatta fsck??? Grrrr.....

http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/user/guckes/version/

> On Jul 28,  3:51pm, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> } Well, Potato is frozen state right now and it will go to stable state very
> } soon. No single package in stable Debian distribution is allowed to have so
> } called release critical bugs. And that means, that zsh provided with Potato
> } has no release critical bugs.

> It means no package in Potato has a release-critical bug that the Debian
> team knows about.  Not quite the same thing.

I don't think, they will consider that bug "release critical". AFAIK
"critical" and "grave" bugs are considered "release critical bugs". If I will
send a bug report and put "grave" to Severity:-field, I think I'll be flamed
by that Debian developer, that maintains Debian package of zsh.

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities

critical
    makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole system) break, or
causes serious data loss, or introduces a security hole on systems where you
install the package.

grave
    makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so, or causes data
loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the accounts of users
who use the package.

important
    any other bug which makes the package unsuitable for release.

normal
    the default value, for normal bugs.

wishlist
    for any feature request, and also for any bugs that are very difficult
to fix due to major design considerations.

fixed
    for bugs that are fixed but should not yet be closed. Bugs fixed by
non-maintainer-uploads have their severity set to fixed.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * U of Jyväskylä * juhtolv@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/ * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW !!"