Re: PATCH: completion caching layer

On Aug 1,  5:31pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: completion caching layer
}
} +findex(_retrieve_cache)
} +item(tt(_retrieve_cache) var(cache_identifier))(
} +This function retrieves completion information from the file given by
} +var(cache_identifier), stored in a directory specified by the
} +tt(cache-path) style (defaults to tt(~/.zsh/cache)).

I'd prefer that the cache location be relative to $ZDOTDIR rather than
relative to $HOME, and that it not be two levels removed, e.g. use
$ZDODTIR/.zcompcache/ rather than ~/.zsh/cache/.  That'd be consistent
with e.g. .zcompdump.

(Also, selfishly, I'm already using ~/.zsh/ for something else and I don't
want this stepping in it.)

} +  # grr, doesn't work, so we have to roll our own
} +#  typeset "$@[2,-1]" > "$_cache_dir/$_cache_ident"

Isn't

    typeset +g "$@[2,-1]" > "$_cache_dir/$_cache_ident"

what you want?  Or maybe