Why is the body of main() back in init.c again?

We started out with main() in init.c, and then we created main.c and moved
main() there, and now main() is a stub and it's body is back in init.c.

This sort of thing gives me a headache; it makes it very difficult to track
changes within the code that's bouncing back and forth.