Re: PATCH: tail-dropping in files module mkdir

> It can just keep lopping the tail as long as (errno == ENOENT ||
> errno == ENOTDIR), I think.  There are some special cases involving paths

I was assuming that there would be non-mkdir cases where this
would result in the wrong filesystem being selected, but I can't
think of such a situation.

> that contain "../" that I'm a bit worried about, but I think most of
> those (and paths with lots of consecutive slashes) would fail zsh's
> constant-PATH_MAX tests already in boundary cases, so probably nothing
> will become broken that wasn't already.

I suggest a compat.c wrapper around realpath().  Is subsuming
LGPL- or BSD-licensed code objectionable?